Cheaper options for teleconference recording
If you scroll down of the above link you see the comment:
I think there's an easier way than this.
1) Skype Options, Handset, disable auto sound setting
2) Open Windows mixer, unmute the microphone. Set low. Set Wave Out
to the same level
3) Open Windows Mixer record, select Wave out mix. Set low.
4) Install Audacity with the Lame MP3 encoder
5) Set Audacity to 44Khz, 16 bit mono
6) Set MP3 encoding to 64K or 32 K
7) Start Audacity recording
8) Use Skype to call Echo123 for testing.
9) Stop recording, check it and then Export to MP3
The trick is geting the levels right so that there's no clipping. Audacity has lots of effects too. And it's all free.
Posted by: Julian Bond at December 21, 2004 03:58 AM
Using Skype as a Community Media Production Tool
Skype forum post